1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVD Player -Your Opinions - PLEASE

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by daverob, Feb 16, 2005.

1. daverob

daverob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Very new to the world of DVD Players. Can spend between £500 to £700 on a DVD Player. Want one that has progressive scan and appropriate digital connection(S),produces a great picture (Not too worried whether it's great playing CDs!). Will, in the future be upgrading to either Plasma or LCD. Not sure if I've given you enough info. No doubt you'll let me know. Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    The Denon 2910 & 3910 are both great players (but are very slightly out of either end of your budget) especially if CD playback isnt a consideration.

The 3910 has significantly better build quality feel to it and is reported to produce better sound quality. There is reportedly little difference in picture quality between the two

3. Mark Antony

Mark Antony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Would also recommend Denon 3910 if you can scrape together the other £100, for it's £800-ish price.

M

4. daverob

daverob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Many thanks ASTAROTH and MARK ANTONY for your replies, much appreciated. Yes, I can stretch to the Denon 3910, but was wondering if perhaps another manufacturer produces, in your views, a better machine for the same amount of money? I very much want to "future proof" my next DVD player.

5. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +382
    You can also try the Pioneer 868AVi. It's about £740 if you shop around and it has all the connections you will ever need including HDMI and iLink

6. WARR

WARR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Denon DVD players are "top class" and are rated the best but I have played around with the Pioneer DV-868AVI and it is very good, with most of the "bells and whistles"

7. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    If you were looking for a player that is capable in the CD playback area then there may be other recommendations but personally I am very impressed with the Denon machines for home cinema duties