1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVD Player to buy?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by c4lln, Sep 4, 2005.

1. c4lln

c4lln

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi can anyone give me some pointers as to which dvd player to buy.
    I have a panasonic pw7 screen and it needs to be multi region player. i am looking to spend around 300.

cheers chris

2. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Hi there,

Dunno if this is any help ?? http://ws4.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PION-DV575-SIL
    I know its under your budget, but be assured the picture quality is first rate using prog-scan component (I am using a Toshiba 32ZP48p CRT tv).
    It is also multi-region from the off, plays almost everything you throw at it (including DVD-A and SACD), is built to a high standard (for 100 quid anyways).

Give one a go, if you like it just think of all those DVD movies you can buy with the £200 you just saved.... :cool: ....

TTFN,
    Graham.

3. c4lln

c4lln

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers graham, i had read a few posts on here and decided to buy this one today. i have got it set up and i am very impressed with the picture so far, still got a bit of tweaking to do. for 100 pounds looks fantastic.

chris

4. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Glad to hear you're happy with it.... :cool: ....
    Had mine over a week now, still tweaking the settings (loads to play with in there).
    All the best

Graham.

5. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I know this has been asked before, but I concerned as to whether it will play both + and - R/RW media. I've been thinking of getting a dvd player for upstairs and a HDD/Dvd recorder for downstairs. The idea is record onto hdd, copy to dvd (rewritable preferred) and watch upstairs.

6. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    According to HCC with their review here http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=4839
    the 575 does play + and - media. I have a couple of DVD+R and +RW and they play OK in my 575. Oddly Pioneer does not state that +R/RW is not supported, but by my reckoning (and HCC's), it does. Only media it definately WONT play is DVD-RAM.
    Can anyone else confirm this ?

TTFN,
    Graham.