1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVD Player Recommendations for AE700

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ap400user, Oct 8, 2005.

1. ap400user

ap400user

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic PT-AE700E and Acoustic Energy AEGO P5 MKII. I now need to find a DVD player capable of making the most of this set up. I am currently using a Sony RDR-GXD500 which turns out to only be capable of 625i (PAL non-progressive) via its component output and gives a very flurred picture when compared to my TV.

I would value your recommendations - either for a specific DVD player (ideally without a surround decoder, as I have the AEGO P5 to do that) or for any recommendations as to what standard works best for the AE700 (i.e. 720p or 1080i, etc).

Thank you.

2. Fluffy-Bunny

Fluffy-Bunny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Denon 1920 seems to be getting good reviews from people who have bought them which had HDMI and can do 720P. I still think the Panasonic S97 is a fantastic player, on par with the 1920 it seems, better in some areas, worse in others.

3. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I've got an Oppo 971 hooked up to my AE700 via a DVI-HDMI cable. Very happy with the results. I watch it at 720p but it can also handle 1080i. Really gets the best out of the Panny.

4. ap400user

ap400user

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice so far - Denon 1920, Panasonic S97 or Oppo 971. Is there a summary of good/bad points of these players available?
    I want to compare:
    - if to use Component vs HDMI
    - which player has better picture quality