which DVD player for Pio PDP-433MXE???

N

nealgs

Hi all,

Am looking to upgrade DVD player from Pioneer 525 to something new. Connection needs to be over Component as using Zektor Component switcher via AV Amp (Sky/Xbox and new DVD to connect).

Needs to be simple for SWMBO and kids to use, hence switching via component.

Looking at:

Samsung 745 & 945 (do ones purchased now allow upscaling over component??)
Momitsu
Philips 963sa or new 900sa
Pioneer 575a

anything else, or is it still possible via DVI or whatever and easy to use??

Have posted in DVD players forum, but it's spans two areas really, hoping you folks can assist, with this as you all have in the post :thumbsup:

many thanks
Gary

:hiya:

No 433MXE owners out there care to provide any input, or even anybody for that matter :( please, please, please

cheers
Gary

One of the 'illegal' DVI players is a good idea, mxe's do love their digital inputs. If component is the way you are going, I like the 575, and also the Onkyo 502, a touch more money, but less plastic involved in construction. Try Family Guy on PM, he has an MXE and had, until recent upgrade fever, a 502. He's got a 935 Onkyo now, another league cost wise.

hi MODS can you change thread title to 'calling all Pio PDP-433MXE owners - DVD player needed???' please

cheers
Gary

I'm using a Yamakawa 375 over DVI and am very happy with the picture quality. It doesn't quite cut it on the usability stakes though,.

cheers for reply Mr. Wilby,

don't remember it being this difficult to choose a DVD player when i bought the 525 :D just so much to choose from with different variations.

upscaling would be nice to try, but again would need to be over Component, so that gives me Momitsu, Samsung and Yamakawa(?) I think??

may end up trying/buying more than one and seeing which performs the best.

Gary

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom