1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVD player for Panny PV500?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Hiran, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Hiran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hiya. I am new to this forum site. I have recently purchased a Panasonic Th42PV500 (ebay winner!!) and wanted to hook it up to a dvd player which shall give the best pic quality on the panny screen. The plasma came with a free panny dvd recorder (DMRES10) but it doesnt have a HMDI output to go with the screen. I have read all the reviews about the dvd recorder and suggests the player is excellent. But how good is the pic quality? I shall not be using it to do too many recording so i rather have a player that is dedicated to picture quality only. I have been reading the forum and magazines and the Samsung HD945 comes across to a good budget player with HDMI (replaced by the HD 850). What I would really appreciate knowing is from any panasonic DMRES users on how good the pic is compared to a stand alone dvd player? What dvd should I purchase to go with my PV500. I dont want to spend above £200 (wanna wait for HD DVD to come out!!). I want the best pic quality and think that HDMI might be the way to go. Please advice. If you recommend another dvd player then please suggest. I have been also considering the Panny S75 - but have been put off by the xtra twiking required to get the perfect pic. So shall i stick it out with the recorder EMRES10 or go for the Samsung S850 or any other? I will really appreciate any advice given. Many thanks in advance
  2. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Jan 10, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Garstang, Lancs