Which DVD player for New Panny projector?

jagdeepp

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, bought the Panny Atx100 projector last night. brilliant.
BUT the pics via my standard Pioneer dvd player are poor to say the least.. Artifacts are visible and from 10ft its annoying to say the least.. the projector is close too full zoom (on 2mtr though can stretch to 2.2).
Whats the solution till i get a HD-DVD player!?
Should i look for an upscaling HDMI output dvd player ie Tosh 360? budget is around the 100 quid mark unfortunately.
Eventually i'll be going via my Arcam AVR 350 though a guy told me that the Arcam doesnt like Japanese items in terms of upscaling.. dont know what truth there is in that!?
I'm selling my HS10 projector but note that with that i didnt get many artefacts.. think i need a better dvd player.Please advise.

I've used the Sony DVP-NS76H with my Themescene H30A projector via both HDMI and component and been very pleased with the results. HDMI is the best though component runs it pretty close and both give a cinematic picture with no sign of artefacts. You should be able to get it within your budget, and if you want further opinions, look at the dedicated thread.

Hi guys, bought the Panny Atx100 projector last night. brilliant.
BUT the pics via my standard Pioneer dvd player are poor to say the least.. Artifacts are visible and from 10ft its annoying to say the least.. the projector is close too full zoom (on 2mtr though can stretch to 2.2).
Whats the solution till i get a HD-DVD player!?
Should i look for an upscaling HDMI output dvd player ie Tosh 360? budget is around the 100 quid mark unfortunately.
Eventually i'll be going via my Arcam AVR 350 though a guy told me that the Arcam doesnt like Japanese items in terms of upscaling.. dont know what truth there is in that!?
I'm selling my HS10 projector but note that with that i didnt get many artefacts.. think i need a better dvd player.Please advise.

I'm hoping that my investment last month in the Panasonic S52 upscaling DVD player will be worth it when I buy the Atx100 in the new year as currently when I compare that on RGB scart against my Pioneer DV-565A I much prefer the Pioneer. The Sony upscaling model around £90 seems to be the one most people are buying.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom