1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVD - Pioneer DV575 or Marantz DV4300

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rik1471, Sep 21, 2005.

1. rik1471

rik1471
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Which is the better player? I have the choice between the two at the same price. I'm quite new to DVD technology, so please be kind.

:)

Rik.

2. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Hi there rik1471,
    As an owner of the Pioneer DV-575, I can definately vouch for it as a fantastic player. As far as I can see, the Pioneer does more for the money than the Marantz, in as much as the Pioneer offers DVD-A and SACD playback, PAL and NTSC prog scan, the ability to play DIVX files, built in DD and DTS decoders.
    Not having seen the Marantz in action, I admit my answer may be a bit "blinkered", and don't get me wrong, the Marantz is probably a great player in its own right, but I feel given the similar prices of both, the Pioneer offers more "bang per buck".

Have a look at the marantz web site under "archived products" and look at the specs for yourself, you'll see it can't touch the Pioneer for features.
    I have been a supporter of the Pioneer in many of the forums here, and others have also been singing it's praises, so I feel we can't all be wrong :)

All the best with the deciding (you'll probably get the Pioneer anyways LOL).

TTFN,
    Graham.

3. rik1471

rik1471
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You're right, just ordered it :)

Thanks.

4. CatManDo

CatManDo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    out of interest where did you order it from?

I ordered mine from RS on Tuesday....not sure how long it will take to come, they ain't debited my card yet.