1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVD movie(s)/sequence(s) best for testing a TV?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Izzet, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Izzet

Izzet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I find Star Wars 1 The Phantom Manace to be a good test DVD, especially the scene in the beginning where :kisses:Queen Amidala:kisses: talks to the Trade Federation guys via video-conference. I find the part where you see :kisses:Queen Amidala:kisses: on the screen is particularly difficult for a TV to show/process properly.

What other DVD movies and which part/scene is useful for testing a TV's picture quality and 100Hz processing?

I will be testing a few TVs tomorrow and I want to take a few DVDs with me and use the selected scenes from each for testing.

Thanks for the help. :clap:

2. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Gladiator , the scene when russell crowe takes off his mask in the arena , has some good close up’s of his face . Check out the detail on his hand when he pick’s up the arrow. Also a good test to see how well the set portrays the sand .

All of Black hawk down , has a fantastic transfer

LOTR(fellowship), another film with a Fantastic transfer

3. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fifth Element, superbit. Notable scenes are when she jumps off the ledge, the Diva singing.

Toy Story 2, The part where Geri comes and fixes Woody's broken arm, look for the bit where he puts his glasses on with extra lenses over them, you can see every detail on his face, its a truly breathtaking scene, and makes a change from the opening sequence which everyone and his dog has seen at least 1909878 times.

Contact, The worm hole sequence at the end, need i say more?.

Monsters Inc. ANY part of this film, although i like the scene where Sully and Mike are banished to the north pole.

Vertical Limit, The avalanche scene.