• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which dvd/hdd recorder - sony or panasonic

83Gaga

Established Member
Hi

Im looking into new panasonic and maybe new sony when it came out but what are the good and bad point of those two machine?

I'm not bother about DivX or sd card or even usb - it seem hopeless to get one but do want dv in. So really just want to know what I should go for?

Thanks

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi

Other basic factors may have a bearing. The Panasonic's only have digital tuners which is no good if you don't have Freeview reception yet.

The Sony's have both analogue and digital tuners.

The Panasonics have slightly better sound quality and better editing facilities.

The Sony's have better satellite control if that is your main source.

83Gaga

Established Member
Hi

Other basic factors may have a bearing. The Panasonic's only have digital tuners which is no good if you don't have Freeview reception yet.

The Sony's have both analogue and digital tuners.

The Panasonics have slightly better sound quality and better editing facilities.

The Sony's have better satellite control if that is your main source.

thanks - I do have freeview recption so not worry about the analogue and not too worry about the satelite control either so I guess I should go for panasonic dmr-ex78 - I don't think I need any bigger than 250gb.

holybinch

Standard Member
Well if you don't need DivX/USB/SD, and if you don't really need a jukebox, then you could get the DMR-EX768 for 100£ less than the EX78 ;)

83Gaga

Established Member
Well if you don't need DivX/USB/SD, and if you don't really need a jukebox, then you could get the DMR-EX768 for 100£ less than the EX78 ;)

thanks but I just worry the 160gb may not be enough for me and I got lots of video (don't mean to fix on 250gb) that I been trying to get rid off but I got no editing to cut out the advert on my panasonic dmr-45 vhs/dvd recorder. Where before I can on older panasonic dmr-30 but currys lost it and I have to get new one and that annoy me because that they got rid of pause on dvd while I can fast forward the video to next stage and then unpause the dvd to cont to fix on dvd in fr mode.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom