• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

which DVD / HDD Recorder combo to link to Sky+? (newbie)

D

Duke Leto

:lease:

Sorry if this has been asked / answered a few times but having seached the forum I still don't know the answer.

Having just upgraded to Sky + I now need a DVD recorder to archive those programs on the Sky HDD.
I would also like to have the ability to tidy up the recordings prior to copying writing to DVD.
Read a couple of mags, looked in my local Comet to have a feel and thought I'd settle on a Liteon 5027 or 5045, although I haven't seen a review for a 5027 yet. then looking at this forum and other review sites you get a different view of the 5045 with quite a few people complaining of quality, failures, bugs etc.

So simple question I need the above and would like to have a few suggestions as to what I should consider, would like to keep the cost down to sub £300

One other reason I liked the liteon was that it has a front vhs input so I can copy all my old 8mm tapes on to the HDD, edit and copy to DVD

Look forward to seeing the replies

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom