1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVD for Panny AE500?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Leonard Smalls, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Leonard Smalls

Leonard Smalls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    G'day!
    I'm new here, and to home video in general so please be gentle with me!!!

Anyway, I've got a Panasonic AE500 video projector which is currently dangling from my ceiling...
    Now the question is, which DVD should I buy for it?
    I want one with hard disc recorder, and it must have a solid metal front panel (it's got to go on a rack with my hifi, all of which is hewn from billet aluminium..)..
    It also must have decent audio performance - I'm not getting into 5.1 yet, only stereo but I don't want something that sounds spitty and thin.
    And finally, decent picture quality is a must - I used to work at the BBC as a telecine operator and so crave reasonable quality pictures..

Also, should I use DVI-D or component cabling? It's got to work on a run of 5m, and be quite "bendable" as it's going to be hidden by right-angled trunking.. If it was professional video there'd only be one (analogue) choice, which would be YUV with BNC plugs, but what's best here?

My (very) shortlist is the Pioneer DVR720H (about £550) and the Phillips HDRW7320 (about £450) - will I need to spend more and buy, say a McCormack or Townsend modded one?

Cheers in advance!