• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which DVD Drive for my case?

gphillips

Hi

I have just puchased the Ahanix HTPC Case MCE302 Silver Case, but in the picture it shows a silver DVD tray with "DVD" logo. Is this a Silver drive in the case for the purpose of the photo, or is this a stick on front to the drive?

Whatever the answer, is there a particular kind of drive that i need to make this work? or will any cheap drive fit correctly in this bay?

Ta.

Media-Man

it's a silver stick-on that replaces the original attached to the draw.

FWIW you can get silver drives - these tend to have beige drive trays though, so a black drive might fit in better.
Something like a Pioneer DVR110(D) would be fine

gphillips

So do I need to be sure I buy a drive that has a front tray that can be removed? or does the stick on tray just stick on to the existing front tray?

JonLeach

gphillips said:
So do I need to be sure I buy a drive that has a front tray that can be removed? or does the stick on tray just stick on to the existing front tray?

Hi i have one of those cases in black and i use an LG dvd writer, i have removed the front bezel and stuck the supplied "dvd tray front" onto the drive. i had to bodge the eject button with a small screw and bluetac. sounds crap but works a treat.

i think the compatible drives are:

lg
liteon
hp (liteon drives anyway i think)

there maybe others

Jon

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom