Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Which DVB-T card ?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by richjthorpe, Sep 14, 2005.

1. richjthorpe

richjthorpe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'll be looking to install Freeview cards in my PC but there are a few around and don't know which ones to pick.

I'll be using something like MCE or Media Portal as the front end so I wont necessarily need the software that comes with it, just a decent quality picture.

If I got a DVB-T card with an Infra Red header, but use MCE, would I still be able to the IR header to control the PC or will the IR header just be for the card's software ?

By the way, does MCE still use it's own EPG or does it now pick it up from the signal ? Can Media Portal or any other media centre pick up the EPG from the signal ?

Thanks,

Richie.

2. bigdic

bigdic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Most people reccomend Black Gold (they work with MCE) they are a good price. No remote with them so just use the MCE remote.