1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DV camcorder should I look at ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by nomad, Dec 13, 2001.

1. nomad

nomad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for a camcorder, preferably digital (mini DV) and would also like to use it to take the occasional still image, for transfer to PC.

my short list is as follows;

JVC GRDVL150,
    SONY DCRTRV130,
    PANASONIC NV DS27
    SAMSUNG VP D77.

Can I transfer stills straight into my PC by either RS232 or USB with these cameras, without having to buy any other expensive kit, as I am pretty much at the limit of my budget for the camera alone?

Any advice on these models would be much appreciated, if it make any difference, I quite like the JVC as it seems to offer a fair ammount for the price?

cheers.

2. davostuey

davostuey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm no camcorder bod and just have one to record memories of the liitle 'un, but the review for the Panasonic NV DS27 in June 2001 (see Reviews) was excellent. I've just bought one from John Lewis for £399 (although their web site says it costs more), although JL's prices go up and down based on local competition. Amazon have also got them for a penny under £400. Best thing about JL is you get a 2 year guarantee. At that price I don't reckon you can go too wrong.

3. Floandal

Floandal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Nomad,
    if you would like to take a look at my post to Jackuzi about the Panasonic NVDS38B
    Best Wishes, --- Alan:)

4. Floandal

Floandal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0