Which Dual DVI card?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dan1979, Oct 27, 2004.

1. dan1979

dan1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    My TFT has a horrible pic via VGA so I want to connect that and my projector both via DVI.

I've seen a few cards like a Matrox one for £105 and an Asus 5200 for £65

I don't intend on playing any games, just internet browsing and watching dvd's/streaming media through it so can anyone suggest the best option, as cheap as possible.

Current card is an XFX Geforce Ti4200 which currently works fine for my needs.

2. Alain75

Alain75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. dan1979

dan1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    There's a few around but they seem quite pricey, I've heard the 5200 is quite poor. Worse than the Ti4200 I already have but as I'm not playing any 3D games it shouldn't make a difference.

4. Alain75

Alain75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I'm not playing games either, but according to the AVSforum the 6600 is one if not the best card currently for HTPC, (especially for HD) due to the on board video processor and wmh support.

5. mephistopheles

mephistopheles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could always use a DVI splitter. They're not cheap but it would open out the possibilities for you.

6. Alain75

Alain75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes but I guess the idea is to create a true dual screen environment, ie a movie/tv channel on the projector/rptv/plasma, and web browsing/messing around on the TFT next to the couch, with the PC as the common source, so the splitter wouldn't do the job, at least for me ! ;)

7. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    From a brief encounter with an nVidia card, after a long time with ATIs, the nVidia dual-monitor support seems easier to use and the 'theatre' mode at first glance looks ideal.