1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Draper screen is this, and is it good?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by akerman, Nov 30, 2004.

1. akerman

akerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK I'm set on a Panasonic AE700. But what about the screen - it has to be rollable, as it will be set-up in my living room. I have a couple of offers:

One guy is offering me a package consisting of the projector + hdmi cable + a projecta ProCinema 86" screen, high contrast.

Another guy is offering me a package consisting of the projector + hdmi cable + a QualityScreen Diplomat 86" screen, high contrast. Same price. He is also offering me another package with a 95" high-contrast screen, for around £90 more.

Second guy also says, that he COULD give me a projecta screen, but personally he prefers the QualityScreen. He goes on to say, that QualityScreen uses Draper screens:

http://www.qualityscreen.dk/Menu/Diplomat.htm
    (specs: comes in matt white (gain 1.1) and Greyline (gain 0.8), both with a viewing angle of 180 degrees)

Now which solution would you choose? I'm reading on this forum that Draper is not so good - but that depends on what model you're looking at, right? The MSRP for the 95" QualityScreen is £500 in Denmark.

Thanks
    :thumbsup:

2. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Speaking from my own experience I would avoid Draper screens although I only had a Draper Luma. It started off ok but got worse with time 'till I had to get it replaced due to bad diagonal bumps.

Can't say anything about other Draper models but I'm sure there's other members on here that can tell you some horror stories!

3. akerman

akerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm.. I really don't want to pay £400-500 for a screen if it's going to ripple on me in a couple of months :/

4. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    The Draper Luma is a much cheaper screen (around £200 depending on size) so maybe the more expensive ones will be using better material. I'd try and find someone who has one for advice before rushing into anything though!