Question Which Double din - Hands Free, Bluetooth and Screen Mirror

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by craynerd, Jun 25, 2015.

1. craynerd

craynerd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys, I know there are a few double din questions but I`m still not happy with all the answers and I am being specific so thought I would start my thread.

I`m after a double din unit and I`m currently happy with the audio from the stock unit in the kia sorento, I`m just wanting a new unit so that I can have:

1. Bluetooth connectivity with my phone for music
    2. Hand Free - proper inbuilt with mic, not just audio and speaker phone
    3. Screen Mirror for Sat Nav - phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5

I know there is a few issues with the touch responsiveness on resistive and capacitive. I don`t want to have issues pressing the screen especially not when driving so it needs to be responsive - I presume therefore capacitive is best??

As I say, my main function is an inbuilt hand free including mic and screen mirror so I can use Sat Nav. I have TomTom Sygic app which I`m more than happy with. HOWEVER - I do presume that when you are screen mirroring, you can still listen to the radio?? If not, that it`ll have to be a built in Sat Nav but I`m pretty sure that an in built sat nav would be too costly. DAB would be nice, but I`m North Manchester, don`t do many miles and very rarely go anywhere that I lose signal to such an extent that would warrant me to demand DAB...unless someone can convince me otherwise.

I`ve looked at the Chinese made double din units on ebay but think I`d be worried about these breaking and I do have the budget to pay a lot more...I`d just really like a recommendation from someone who can give me pro`s and con`s on a system!

Any advice appreciated.

Chris

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    Can't give you much more help than the screen mirroring on my Pioneer AVH-X5500BT will only play music from the connected iPhone - it won't let me use any other sources.
    The hands free works OK but I struggled to find a good mounting for the mic so take a long hard look at the interior to work out where youd route the cables and mount the mic.
    DAB was a pain as I have the aerial mounted on the back of the car and I wasn't removing the headliner to recable so I discounted that.

Inbuilt Sat Nav seems stupidly expensive compared to screen mirroring or using a stand alone.
    To be fair if I just mount my phone carefully and use Bluetooth to connect to the stereo then music is interrupted by directions and the screen on the iPhone 6 is bigger than most old standalone sat navs :)