Which do you recommend (Elaine read)

69COU

My neighbor want to buy a Sat Nav for husbands 40th.
So far she has seen

1) A A Navigator Ultimate £199

2) Tom Tom One - £213.97 Dixons or halfords

3) Medion Go Pal 51oT £229.99

4) Road Angel Navigator 6000 £249.99

My thought was the Tom Tom One as I have one and it was best choice back in Feb. Easy to Use etc.

Any coments

BiggieBig

tom tom one.

use to have one now have a 910.

tomtom routing can be dodgy but i still think they're the best to use

Geordie Jester

I've just started using a TomTom One this week. It was a present from my wife for anniversary.

makes my perfume purchase look a bit lame. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I would also add how impressed I have been with it. Very quick to pick up gps, fast menus, clear screens, good clarity on voice (even Yoda!).

Only wish they would have supplied a vent mount for it. It would arguably be cheaper for them, and better for me. The supplied suction mount jobby is quite a size, and I don't want to use it on windscreen. I feel it blocks too much.

I had it on drivers door window so it blocked no mirrors/windows, but would prefer it in the centre of car so my wife can see it too (and change settings while Im driving)

Anyone know of cheap vent mounts ? Only thing I can find is the alternate kit for another 20 quid which is a bit steep.

Juiceloose

Hi,

If you go for the TT One you can get it on-line from Curry's for £179.

It's £199 on the website but use code PERK20 when checking out and it reduces it by £20.

miketrim

Novice Member
Geordie Jester said:
I've just started using a TomTom One this week. It was a present from my wife for anniversary.

makes my perfume purchase look a bit lame. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I would also add how impressed I have been with it. Very quick to pick up gps, fast menus, clear screens, good clarity on voice (even Yoda!).

Only wish they would have supplied a vent mount for it. It would arguably be cheaper for them, and better for me. The supplied suction mount jobby is quite a size, and I don't want to use it on windscreen. I feel it blocks too much.

I had it on drivers door window so it blocked no mirrors/windows, but would prefer it in the centre of car so my wife can see it too (and change settings while Im driving)

Anyone know of cheap vent mounts ? Only thing I can find is the alternate kit for another 20 quid which is a bit steep.

http://www.pdamods.com/proddetail.asp?prod=A14DLMNSYS

or
http://www.pdamods.com/proddetail.asp?prod=A29DLMNSYS&cat=25

Geordie Jester

Thanks for the links.

I would prefer that first product as I don't want another window mounter or dash things. However it looks like a need the plate that comes with the kit to interface between TomTom and Vent clip ?

5.86 is reasonable though if it would work with what I already have.

Tomo1971

Banned