Which do you prefer: BF1 or BF4?

Kinetic Frenzy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So after a couple of weeks of BF1 roaming the wild, which Battlefield is your preference? Is there space for both BF1 and BF4 or do you have to commit to one in order to get the most out of them? Does the lack of modern weaponry hamper the merits of BF1 or are the new playstyles enough to compensate & more?

Please no overly sensitive souls arguing the toss over which one is bestest ever for everyone period (that's not what "your preference" means ;))

they're just games after all...

That's a tough one.

I prefer the graphically fidelity of BF1 (when it doesn't drop down too low :D) but I prefer BF4's menus, loudout options and the games setting.

I'm not really a huge fan of either games single player campaign.

Last edited:
BF4 for me, prefer the guns, maps and menus.
Don't get me wrong Bf1 is a solid game but at the moments it hasn't clicked like it did with BF4.

I took the plunge with BF1 and it took me an hour or two to adjust to the WWI setting and get my head around the new way of doing kits but as an infantry dude mainly i welcomed the fact that i wasn't being blasted to smithereens every other second by a chopper or a tank :laugh:

I do miss the squad calls from BF4 though - "I want you to attack this objective" "anybody got any ammo, hello? Anyone?" "oh man i'm getting my s:blush:t pushed in" :D

You can still do squad calls. I also hadn't realised, but if you hold R1 (I think) it brings up a menu to make requests and and quick orders.

You can still do squad calls. I also hadn't realised, but if you hold R1 (I think) it brings up a menu to make requests and and quick orders.

Yes you're right, i finally discovered them during yesterday's session. Just the banter dialog that's not as good as BF4 now - which i think i'll be able to live with :D

This game looks amazing. There are times when I'm running around St. Quentin's Scar and I have to remind myself i'm not running around the fields of Emmerdale :rotfl:

Yes you're right, i finally discovered them during yesterday's session. Just the banter dialog that's not as good as BF4 now - which i think i'll be able to live with :D

This game looks amazing. There are times when I'm running around St. Quentin's Scar and I have to remind myself i'm not running around the fields of Emmerdale :rotfl:

Yeah - use spot for all the dialogue - so if you 'spot' a medic you'll ask for health and if you 'spot' support you'll ask for ammo. Hold 'spot' for the comms menu to say other things.

How do you mean 'spot' ?

I noticed the banter dialogue bit.

How do you mean 'spot' ?

I noticed the banter dialogue bit.
Aim at a medic and press R1 (the same button you use to spot enemies)

Cheers.

Does anything happen like it does when you spot enemies?

How does it alert the medic?

Also I was playing last night and on a few occasions I noticed that on the mini map there were red dots, I didn't understand the reasons why sometimes there are, sometimes they are not??

Cheers.

Does anything happen like it does when you spot enemies?

Also I was playing last night and on a few occasions I noticed that on the mini map there were red dots, I didn't understand the reasons why sometimes there are, sometimes they are not??
Yeah your character says "medic!" or something and above your head to them will flash a cross / ammo symbol.

Oh yes I've seen and heard that. Thanks

Thanks for the info regarding spotting teammates. I had no idea.

Those vids aren't BF Four [emoji6]

let us know your findings, i guess that it wont (but i might be wrong - not the first time!) and was part of the reason for not buying it for my pro, the other being that you can only really sink your time into one of them so BF1 won on the basis of newness of gameplay and shinier graphics.

I prefer battlefield 1

I think i do too but every now and then i wish i were playing BF4.

I loved Battlefield 4, it was the most time I had ever put into an online game in truth. And to be honest, I love BF1 just as much. There is always issues, but nothing beats getting online with a good squad.

BF1 for the core game but BF4 for all it's features like Battlelog, Commander, 3rd party Rent a Server,

I've tried my best to enjoy BF1 but I just don't enjoy it as much as BF4. It just feels slower more clunky than BF4, the guns are a nightmare with way too much recoil and rubbish sights etc, ok I get it it's early 20th century weapons etc. The game seems to take forever to get into and out of a game compared to BF4, the female narration doesn't fit in with a WWI game imo. I just don't enjoy it as much. I played an hour of BF4 a couple of days ago, the first time in weeks and straight away it felt so much better. I can see this going he way of BF Hardline and being traded in very soon I'm afraid.

I've tried my best to enjoy BF1 but I just don't enjoy it as much as BF4. It just feels slower more clunky than BF4, the guns are a nightmare with way too much recoil and rubbish sights etc, ok I get it it's early 20th century weapons etc. The game seems to take forever to get into and out of a game compared to BF4, the female narration doesn't fit in with a WWI game imo. I just don't enjoy it as much. I played an hour of BF4 a couple of days ago, the first time in weeks and straight away it felt so much better. I can see this going he way of BF Hardline and being traded in very soon I'm afraid.

I can sympathise with many of the points you make but i don't get this 'female voice doesn't fit with WWI' - didn't women exist during 1914-1918?

12 Things You Didn't Know About Women In The First World War

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom