1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which do I buy..there are so many!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Haedes, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Haedes

Haedes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bonjour tout le monde!

I am having sever trouble choosing what camcorder to buy.
    I am mainly interested in transferring to PC, editing and maybe transferring back to camcorder.
    I know this has something to do with the DV in/out.

ALso I need help in knowing how to set up my PC to deal with this. Currently I have crappy quality analogue VHS plugged through a dodgy capture card and editing through Windows Movie Maker.

I would like to capture high quality video to PC but don't know how to go about it.

Well there you have it..themission..should you choose to accept it is to answer these probably obvious questions and give a video editing virgin some help.

Adious:suicide:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,388
    There are many options for getting video onto your PC.
    The cheap option is to buy a firewire card with no software. prices start from around £20. you can then use M$ Moviemaker 2 (free download from www.microsoft.com). This is a very basic option, but ideal as a start for many users.
    You can then up the price by buying software such as Pinnacle Studio 8. This will still need a firewire card.
    You can then go up to the likes of a Matrox RT-X10 with Adobe Premiere, but this will cost around £450 and a lot more complicated to learn. The advantages will be more effects, faster rendering and the ability to capture DV & analogue footage.

Mark.