1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DLP projectors compete with Z4, AE900?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Anim, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Anim

Anim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hi all

I would like to add a few competing DLP projectors to my side by side comparison. I'm thinking of the the HC3000 but wondered if there are any others worth adding.

They should be projectors that compete with the new AE900, Z4, TX200 or TW600 not old models or projectors that cost twice as much.

Any ideas?

2. wyrdness

wyrdness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The Benq PE7700 and the new Mitsubishi HC3000 spring to mind.

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    That's restricting the field somewhat! :D

4. steve998

steve998

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to know as well!

I have only viewed the infocus 4805 and the 5700. I was v impressed with the 4805, I almost bought it on the spot. However I asked to try the next model up (just to see the difference was) wow! it was like the quality of my plasma....but BIGGER!

I have read various magazines stating the 'DLP is the way forward' and I am a bit confused and surprised to the number of LCD users on the forum. Obviously there must be a good reason for this (ie rainbow effect etc). I have been unable to audition an LCD projector as my local Sevenoaks only sells DLP (hence my ignorance!")

I was so impressed with the 5700 though. Does the Sanyo Z4 produce a comparable image? What is the cost for the Z4? Can you see the pixilated screen structure with LCD?

I am interested in DVD viewing and HD 720P viewing.

5. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Magazines tend to be pro DLP, in some of them you wouldn't know LCD PJs existed. Many don't keep up to speed with the PJ "scene" - recently bought one which was stating that the Infocus 4800 (not 4805) was the latest greatest one to have.

Nope, it's quite simply you currently get more for your money with LCD. What would you rather have for the same price - a PJ which downscales your PAL DVDs to 480 lines or one which upscales to 720 lines? Also optical lens shift is a fantastically useful feature. DLPs have been put on the back foot by some very competitive LCD pricing, the new D5 panel LCDs will further eat into their sales until hopefully DLP starts to compete....PJ

6. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    The new HC3000 and Optoma H72 (i think its called or going to be called) would give competition to these, on price as well. The only problem appears to be their flexibility, in some set ups, as neither offer lens shift as i understand.

7. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    H79 if your happy to spend a little extra(2.6k-3k with free braket and screen). Blinding projector that produces an image in line of far more expensive units.

So quiet as well.