Which DK Sub? Gemini or XLS200?

Benny06

After a previous post ive been pointed to the DK world of subs. Ive been told that for the money they cost you cant beat the value.

My price range is a comfortable £200 and £300 at a stretch, because i have to justify my purchase to my mum and why im spending £300 on a speaker thats just going to **** her off, and i dont want to spend more than that on one too! lol

Its come down to the DK Gemini and the XLS200.

My main question is which of the too is better? is it worth the extra £90 to get the XLS200? and if i did is the DF one better? Does it sound any different to the foward facing one? It'l be used in my bedroom which isnt huge, so which would you guys recommend? Theyre both the same price, and it'l be used on carpet.

I'd get it in black, because it the best colour for AV gear there is :D

Also i understand even though it has dual phono out from the sub, only one phono needs to be connected to the reciever?

Any help would be a big help!

thanks for your time guys

Benny.

eviljohn2

The XLS200 is very much better than the Gemini and definitely worth the extra IMO. If you do a search you'll find a review somewhere where myself and Kazman compared them directly.

You do only need to use one of the inputs and there's no predictable and consistent difference between the front and side mounted drivers - they'll just integrate differently in your room. :)

Benny06

The XLS200 is very much better than the Gemini and definitely worth the extra IMO. If you do a search you'll find a review somewhere where myself and Kazman compared them directly.

You do only need to use one of the inputs and there's no predictable and consistent difference between the front and side mounted drivers - they'll just integrate differently in your room. :)

thanks for the reply!

Which would you recommend, front firing or D/F? although front firing looks alot more appealing to a bass freak like myself, the D/f does have the attractiveness to be used a a bedside table when not in use ofc!

Benny06

I like my pair of black FF XLS200s in their stack. You can just make out the drivers through the grills. :devil:

Ooo a pair eh £££££ :D lol, will probaly go for foward facing, will definatley try to get a listen to one if i can.

Ive got a friend whos interested in buying my samsung Tv(26") for about £450, and then ill spend £150 and get it in the 32" :D Biggers better, mwhahahaha lol

Wish i had a bigger bedroom, then i could put the sub somewhere out of the way

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom