Which Discs for Pioneer DVR-220

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dmjohnson123, Oct 21, 2004.

1. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Can someone please advise on which -R and -RW discs to use with my soon to be acquired Pioneer DVR-220.

I don't want to pay the earth but equally I don't want to use cheap sh*t which may damage the machine.

Any advice on brands and/or online suppliers would be much appreciated.

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +444
    Hi

Buy brands you have heard of for the most trouble free use, TDK will work perfectly, I recommend DVD-RW scratch proof 2 speed which will allow chase playback. For DVD-R write once buy Verbatim 4 speed or again TDK scratchproof DVD-R.

Available from www.blankdiscshop.co.uk, and other places.

Regards

Philip

3. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the reply PhilipL

Should I buy 4x media or stick to 2x (having read about problems on some players when using 4x).

I am only going to record from Freeview/TV so I assume I'm only recording at 1x anyway.

4. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +444
    Hi

The Pioneer 220 supports high speed DVD-RW 4x media. It will make no difference operationally in the Pioneer 220 recorder whether you use 4 speed or 2 speed RW media. If it isn't that much more expensive go for 4x media, you may want to use it later on in a PC for example, where the extra speed can be put to use.

The minimum DVD-RW speed disc to buy is 2 speed (often seen rated 1-2 speed) as that way you can use it for chasing playback.

For DVD-R go for 2, 4 or 8 speed media, it doesn't really matter provided it is good branded stuff.

Regards

Philip

5. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks again PhilipL. I much appreciate your help and have just ordered my Pioneer DVR-220 from AV-land, and some TDK -RW disks and Ritek -R from www.blankdiscshop.co.uk