• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

which dimmable driver do I require for 3528 led strip?

geokiris

Standard Member
I'm a newbie to this forum and with these type of led's.
I just bought these led's;
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/310639550645?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
The specs are as follows;
600 led's per 5 meters at 12V and 5Amps. Can be cut into sections of 3 led's per section.

I would like to cut these into sections of 24 led's x 7 sections which I think is .2 amps per section at 1.4 amps for all 7 sections. I am wondering which dimmable 0-10v driver could control these? And am I doing the math correct? Also do I connect these in series or parallel?

Thanks

supraTTman

Banned
Do you actually need to use a 0-10V driver as part of your system?
If not just use any old 12V RGB controller as most are rated at 2A and as you correctly calculated you only need 1.4A.

supraTTman

Banned
Check out the Rako range.
BTW an RGB controller can be used to dim single colour 12V strips, 12V MR16 halogens, 12V MR16 LED lamps etc - just use one of the 3 channels.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom