Which Digital Video Essentials Ntsc / Pal ?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by chris l., Nov 10, 2003.

1. chris l.

chris l.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Which version of Digital Video Essentials NTSC / PAL will provide me with the best benchmark.

I will be running a Denon DVD2200 (NTSC & PAL progressive output) via component to both a Panasonic TX36PD30 TV and Sanyo PLV-Z2 projector.

I will also be running a Samsung HD935 (NTSC progressive output at 720p / 1080i & PAL progressive output 576p or converted to NTSC 720p / 1080i via DVI to the Sanyo PLV-Z2 also.

I will also be using a Denon 3802, Mission 783’s, 2 x MJ REF 100 sub and 4 x Mission M7DS.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

:confused:

2. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    benchmark? your better off playing a dvd movie. if you want to calibrate your display with DVE, you'll need the NTSC version for setting it up to watch NTSC movies and the PAL version for setting it up to watch PAL movies. The PAL version isn't out yet.

3. briandzo

briandzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    annoyingly you will need both versions if your a multi region user.
    its madness that they dont cut both pal & ntsc versions in one package, as these setup disks are marketed at home cinema enthusiasts. joe public wouldnt consider one at all if he even could get his head around what it does.

personally the THX setup option that comes on most THX disks is all your ever need. so buy a decent region 1 & 2 THX disk.

i can recomend region 1 'finding nemo' THX (for your ntsc parameters)