• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which digital recorders worth considering?

Pardsme

Standard Member
I currently have a panasonic EZ25 and encountering numerous problems with recording programmes. As sometimes it doesn't record the programmes or says disc dirty. Have tried numerous different brands of disks and to no avail. So I concluded it probably to do with the drive.

Now, I'm looking into what digital recorders worth going for? I wouldn't mind a hard drive recorder which reduces the amounts of disks. And I presume you are able to record it onto disks so can watch it on another machine. Judging from most of the threads there seems to be a problem with the Panasonic HDD recorders. Is there any machines worth recommending HDD or not?

Thanks

Gavtech

Administrator
Now, I'm looking into what digital recorders worth going for? I wouldn't mind a hard drive recorder which reduces the amounts of disks. And I presume you are able to record it onto disks so can watch it on another machine. Judging from most of the threads there seems to be a problem with the Panasonic HDD recorders. Is there any machines worth recommending HDD or not?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

You are misinterpreting what you are seeing on the forum.
By it's very nature this forum attracts users who have problems with machines and who require troubleshooting.

According to independent testing and research, Panasonic are actually the most reliable consumer durable manufacturer.... albeit they did have one machine three or 4 generations back which is known to have a flawed component in the power supply and which causes premature failure.

That said... DVDR's are the most unreliable of domestic equipment generally, for two reasons: Lasers degrade with age, and disc quality is enormously variable and users regularly and wrongly blame their machines when they feed them low quality discs.

I see you are considering going for a unit with a hard drive.
I would strongly recommend considering nothing else. It transforms your recording experience and the flexibility of the machine.

So do not be put off Panasonic... but if you wish to move then stick only with the quality makers.

Consider Sony , Pioneer, Panasonic.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom