Question Which digital photo frame?

MrFraggle

In Memoriam
Reaction score
My good lady is wanting one of these and I am reluctant to buy her the same as the one I have which is a Nixplay Seed 10 inch as it does not have USB support you have to use their webpage interface to get the images onto the frame via WiFi. Which is fine but if the company fails then the frame cannot be update I assume.
So looking for one that I can add to the stored images using a USB stick.

What are your suggestions.

My actual advice is that its a relatively cheap piece of consumer electronics - we'll have bigger, better, cheaper versions along in a few years so I don't actually care if they go bust.

I fairly recently got the old 15" version (which I think does have non-cloud access) but loved the cloud interface enough that I'm buying the newer cloud only ones for family members. We've had an SD card only picture frame for years which still basically had the same photos I first uploaded onto it - whereas the Nixplay cloud stuff is brilliant and means I am actually updating the photos on it. Only issue from my perspective is that there is a massive red shift (on my 15" at least) so I need to work out a processing workflow to pull a bunch of saturation out of the reds.

If you're really set on non-cloud access then the bigger, older, uglier Nixplay versions have SD (possibly USB) as well as cloud or else do a search for "Nix Advance" and "Nix Lux" on Amazon which is the non-cloud versions by the same people.

My actual advice is that its a relatively cheap piece of consumer electronics - we'll have bigger, better, cheaper versions along in a few years so I don't actually care if they go bust.

I fairly recently got the old 15" version (which I think does have non-cloud access) but loved the cloud interface enough that I'm buying the newer cloud only ones for family members. We've had an SD card only picture frame for years which still basically had the same photos I first uploaded onto it - whereas the Nixplay cloud stuff is brilliant and means I am actually updating the photos on it. Only issue from my perspective is that there is a massive red shift (on my 15" at least) so I need to work out a processing workflow to pull a bunch of saturation out of the reds.

If you're really set on non-cloud access then the bigger, older, uglier Nixplay versions have SD (possibly USB) as well as cloud or else do a search for "Nix Advance" and "Nix Lux" on Amazon which is the non-cloud versions by the same people.
My Nixplay cost £170 so not exactly cheap.
And should have mentioned SD card support as opposed to USB though both would be good.

Last edited:
Looking for personal recommendations not Google search links which I had found myself, thanks.

Looking for personal recommendations not Google search links which I had found myself, thanks.

Just thought that as the Nix brand you already have is now available with USB ans sd card loading and is prominent in the quoted reviews it wouldbe an obvious choice?

Just thought that as the Nix brand you already have is now available with USB ans sd card loading and is prominent in the quoted reviews it wouldbe an obvious choice?
Must have missed that, will have another look, cheers.

had my nixplay edge a few years now, its got sd support but I never use it, well until they go under

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom