Which Digital cable for Denon DM39?

VShine

Standard Member
Reaction score
HI

I have upgraded from a Denon DM37 to Denon DM39. The DM37 did not have a digital input port but the DM39 has replaced one of the Auxillary ports with a Digital input port. That's great, I want to use a digital cable to connect my Bluray player - Sony BDP S370 to my Denon M39 amp. Which digital cable should I use?
I never watch TV but do watch films played on my Blu ray player. I also play radio on the BBC iplayer through my Bluray player which is connected to the internet. I would love to get digital radio through this connection. Will having the digital cable make this possible?

Please help.

Regards
Vivek

Any will work - digital cables cannot affect quality except by being faulty and not working. It is a complete waste of money to spend lots on esoteric digital connections.

If you can get Iplayer radio on your Bluray player then you will be able to listen to this over your digital connection to your Denon. Make sure you set the player to downsample to 2 channel.

Last edited:
Thanks Iarkone. What does 'setting the down sample to 2 channel' mean? Sorry it that's a simplistic question.. I'm fairly new to Audio electronics

You need to go into the bluray player menus and make sure you set the digital output to downsample to stereo because otherwise it will output multi-channel and the Denon cannot decode this. It can only decode 2 channel. P20/21 of your manual - set all outputs for coax to downmix/PCM or stereo.

Thanks very much Iarkone. I just changed the digital output to downmix/ PMC . I never knew about this option.

Cheers
Vivek

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom