Which Denon receiver to buy now

Meese

Novice Member
Hello everyone in need of some help making a decision.

I'm upgrading my speakers and amp and decided on the Dali Oberon 5 5.1 with a Denon x3700/4700 receiver

Recently bought a SVS PB3000 so will buy the package without the sub(E-9f) which takes off about £330

What I'm having trouble deciding is do I wait till round June when I'm assuming Denon will release their 2022 models like the x3800/x4800 which I ideally would like to do as I want more than 1 hdmi 2.1 or buy a speaker/amp package from somewhere like Peter Tyson now and sell the receiver when the new ones are released which will cost be £200/300 more in the end?

So do I buy with the Dali Oberon 5:

X2700 for £1670 and sell it for £400/500, make do with this as it will probably be easier to sell

X3700 for £2170 and sell it for £700/800, the sweet spot in the range and seems the most sort after so might be easier to sell

X4700 for £2470 and sell it for £1000/1100, seems the best valve in savings but not sure if it will be easy to sell

Do you think people would be interested in buying those receivers at those prices when the new ones are released? Or is that to much and expect lower

Which ever one I go for I would sell and get the x3800 maybe x4800 as I want Audyssey XT32

I've read that onkyo/pioneer are releasing receivers with Dirac which I will be interested in but will decide on all that when reviews are out

I am considering the Dali Oberon 7 but my room is only 4.7Lx3.2Wx2.3H so 34.592 cubic meters, the sub is probably over kill but got it at a reasonable price. What do you think, should i get the 7s instead?

Sorry for the confusing post, appreciate any advice.

Thanks

misae

It's hard to get hold of certain receivers at the moment so you may be able to recuperate your initial costs quite well.
I don't know if it is worth buying a receiver brand new just to replace it in a few weeks/months. I'd personally get a cheap second hand receiver and then purchase a new one later, hopefully losing less money in the long run.

Meese

Novice Member
It's hard to get hold of certain receivers at the moment so you may be able to recuperate your initial costs quite well.
I don't know if it is worth buying a receiver brand new just to replace it in a few weeks/months. I'd personally get a cheap second hand receiver and then purchase a new one later, hopefully losing less money in the long run.
Decided to wait, found a pair of dali zensor 3 and vokal for £200 to use with my current amp (onkyo nr509) and pb3000 subwoofer to tie me over for now.
When the new receivers are released I'll probably go for the Dali opticon 6 mk2 package with the LCR rears but without the sub, can get them currently with a denon 3700 for £2800 so guessing the price will be similar with the denon 3800 or might go onkyo/pioneer if they have dirac, then add a separate 2 channel amp for the fronts at some point

Open to suggestions for other speakers and amps

misae

I've just bought a pair of Oberon 5's and they do sound great, they go lower than the Opticon range I believe but adding a sub definitely helped the Oberon's from becoming prone to being a bit boomy. Your PB3000 sounds perfect as it is.

SnowJim

I know you have solved your "problem" but why do you need more then 1 HDMI 1.2 port? Why not just connect the console to TV and let the eARC take care of the audio?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom