• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which current cheapish TVs cam be IP controlled?

ab1385

Established Member
Hi all,

After a bit if advice as clear information seems a bit thin on the ground.

I'm moving to an IP controlled system and was wondering if anyone knew which TVs nowadays have full IP control, including power on and off?

Looking for a 40ish inch one. I saw Richer Sounds had been selling off 40 inch Sharp TVs for £279, reduced from £500, but they're sold out in my local branch.

Looking around £300-£400, nothing too special, but needs to be IP controlled with discrete on and off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Alex

vickster

Distinguished Member
What does IP actually mean here?! That might be your issue...

ab1385

Established Member
As in to be able to control the TV directly with iRule, Roomie or other such smartphone/tablet based remote controls over a wired network, without the need for an IR remote.

In the end I went for a Sony W7 panel for a bit more from John Lewis today, which I believe has the functionality that I want, as well as looking like a fairly decent TV. Particularly important is wake on lan, meaning it doesn't need an IR remote to turn on, which is something other than Sony/Sharp doesn't seem to be common, hence the question.

vickster

Distinguished Member
You've completely lost me, but enjoy your new TV! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom