1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which cooler should i get (out of these 2)

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by watchinthewheel, Jul 2, 2005.

1. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have decided i really need some better cooling for my p4, its slowing down its that hot, i have narrowed it down to 2 heatsinks:

the seccond on here

or

the second one there

the zalman look better but is it worth the extra £20? i have read a good review of the arctic ice, but everyone says zalman are great! the main thing im interested in is noise levels my current fan gets very very very very loud, but both the zalman and arctic say they are very quiet! the actualy stats are in different units so i cant even compare!

so which would you say is the better cooler? thanks for any replies.

2. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    Not sure but I would look at a Thermalright heatsink. You can get the XP-120 for both 378 and 775 sockets and coupled with a quiet 120mm fan, this will give you the best cooling / noise level of any cooler I have come across.

I have heard that the Zalman and the Arctic Cooling are not that different but I have just switched from the Zalman to a Thermalright SI-97 (I have a socket A machine) and SilenX 92mm fan and the difference is fantastic. Cooler temps and a lot less noise.

It will work out more than the Zalman but if you truly want the best air cooling then this is it.

3. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the suggestion but thats a bit more than i was looking to spend, the heatsink alone is £33 and with a fan on top of that it will work out as a lot more than i wanna spen to cool my pc. i dont need a true silent solution but as quiet as possible, i think the zalman looks the best, unless anyone has anything else to say about it before i order it.

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Of the two, the Zalman :smashin:

5. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nice one, im glad someone agrees with my choice :)

any ideas about the hard drive problem though?

6. Rajibear

Rajibear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just put a Zalman CNPS7700-ALCU into a 3.2GHz prescott machine and as everyone knows these buggers run hot. At idle it is around 35 deg and under load never goes above 49/50. Noise levels are really low too !

Rajibear