• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which cool, quiet internal HDD for HTPC?

ytrebil

I’m running an SSD but I’m running out of space on it and so will need to a larger drive to store mainly music and films – what’s the best ones to go for right now? I don’t have a fan for the HDD cage (well I do, but it’s noisy so I disconnected it). I’m looking for as large as possible – I don’t think speeds will matter too much as it’s only important when reading. Not overly fussed about the write speeds.

Thanks a lot.

shadowboxer

Samsung F4, great drive but not the best time to be looking to buy a HDD.

ytrebil

When will the prices back off? Looking for a single 2-3TB to see me through for a while before I need to upgrade/expand.

shadowboxer

I think it's likely to be around mid 2012 that they'll start heading back down again. May be longer to reach prices they were earlier this year.

Could look at getting a 2TB drive on the classifieds, could be had for around £70 tops I think.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom