Which Controller for PC

Nabs

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ok thinking about buying a controlled for the PC. Wish to use it for platform games in the main - eg Prince of persia etc....

Any suggestions?

Have used both xbox controller and PSP2 controllers and found both fine.

note reasonable price would be a bonus

i have a saitek p220 and think its great, and its a 'budget' priced controller too, but doesnt perform like a budget 1 would ;)

General question about PSX controller USB adapter, I have these on order for my HTPC:-

PS2 Controller and Mini USB Keyboard:-

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore...&title=nyko_ps2_itype_2_controller_/_keyboard

Play Station Controller to USB adapter:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-PS2-PS-Co...229984139QQcategoryZ11319QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Initially I was just after the mini keyboard, for a tenner the combo is a steal, the keyboard on its own is £20 on some Car PC sites. Then I thought why not get the USB PS controller adapter.

Can the controller be set up to use like a mouse, or does it only work in games? :lease: let it work.

Doubled Posted, but lack of interest within PS forum :( .

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
You'll probably not get a reply because no one has used it. You could give it ago, but i would be sceptical if the keyboard bit worked through the usb adapter.

gazbarber said:
You'll probably not get a reply because no one has used it. You could give it ago, but i would be sceptical if the keyboard bit worked through the usb adapter.

thx for the reply.....I agree it is unlikely someone has tried that specific controller on a PC, my phrasing may be misleading, I was asking in general if a std Sony Controller behaved like a mouse on a PC, with the USB adapter, or can it only be used for games.

The keyboard connects to the Ps2 via USB, so it should work fine on a PC, it is a US style keyboard though. I will also try it with a green USB to PS/2 adapter.

The PSX adapter conects to the Playstation controller's rectangular plug. I will report back my findings.

I currently use a BTC wireless Keyboard / mouse combo (sits on my legs has handles and a joystick type mouse), does anyone play games with this type of combined keyboard / mouse?

RockySpieler said:
thx for the reply.....I agree it is unlikely someone has tried that specific controller on a PC, my phrasing may be misleading, I was asking in general if a std Sony Controller behaved like a mouse on a PC, with the USB adapter, or can it only be used for games.

The keyboard connects to the Ps2 via USB, so it should work fine on a PC, it is a US style keyboard though. I will also try it with a green USB to PS/2 adapter.

The PSX adapter conects to the Playstation controller's rectangular plug. I will report back my findings.

I currently use a BTC wireless Keyboard / mouse combo (sits on my legs has handles and a joystick type mouse), does anyone play games with this type of combined keyboard / mouse?

The PS2 cntroller will work the same as a standard game controller when plugged into a USB convertor. not useable as a mouse I'm afraid

I found this software to convert Gamecontroller to mouse has anyone tried it, or are there any better ones:-

http://www.vp-soft.com/software/joymouse.php

I notice Saitek have "Smart Mouse" drivers, which appear to convert their controllers to a mouse, has anyone tried them?

EDIT

Just seen this "Joystick 2 Mouse" freeware on tucows, I try it tonite :) :-

http://www.tucows.com/preview/292788

Just to keep current, the controller arrived, I am typing on it now, it is easier than texting. Unfortunately the keyboard is moulded to the controller so my initial plans have changed (May have to break out the toolkit). The controller make a good knee rest though!

I cannot try the controller yet as I am waiting for the usb adapter to be delivered. The controller's cable is 10 feet long, easily enough for the sofa.

I think it would be good for a flight sim, where you use keyboard and mouse. I am using my thumbs to type.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom