1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which console?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by rosbif, Nov 28, 2003.

1. rosbif

rosbif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So which one do I buy? I used to play games about 15 years ago and would like to play the odd one now and again. Enjoy stuff like Fifa football, driving, doom, wolfenstein and the like...

Liked the look of the Xbox with midtown madness and halo, although I have half a dozen old PS1 games that I haven't looked at for a long time. I also go to the states regularly so I presume I could get it chipped to play US games? Not interested in DVDs as I will be using it with a plasma and already have a dvd for that...

TIA
    PS Am in France - are french ones the same spec as the UK? Can I use the live stuff here in france?

2. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Search this forum for several "which console" threads.

Specific to your inquiry, both the PS2 and XBox are easily chippable. Not sure about the specs/region of French machines, though.

3. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having played both IMHO I would route for the PS2 due to number of games etc.

.......although if you want online gaming I think the X-BOX is ahead for the mo.......