Which connections would be best?

dougan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have just ordered the Canton Smart Soundbar 9, paid £339 brand new, so couldn't resist!

It has four HDMI connections, one ARC the other three direct inputs. My question is, I have a 4K disc player, Xbox and Youview recorder.
I have a Samsung 4K TV with enough HDMI inputs, only has ARC, not eARC though, for all three devices, so would there be any advantage connecting them directly to the soundbar?

Thanks

Last edited:
If you connect devices to an ARC enabled TV the TV will impose limitations in terms of audio - some will only pass 2.0 from external Sources others will allow you to send up to compressed Atmos.

If you connect your Sources to the Soundbar you have to ensure you are not putting any limitations into the video signal path.

Joe

Thanks for your comments Joe. Here is what it says about the HDMI inputs.

Four HDMI ports with HDCP 2.2 ensure that you can enjoy your movies in 4K Ultra HD. Soundbar 9 supports Dolby Audio, DTS Digital Surround and HDR (High Dynamic Range) video.

With the TV being limited to ARC I’d consider your primary Source devices (x3 max) connected to the Soundbar then the Soundbar ARC to the TV ARC and any additional Source devices connected via the TV.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom