• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Which connection

Manta

Novice Member
Hi

Recently my amplifier decided not to work anymore so was donated another amp by a family member.

I have noticed that the amp does not have the low level sub connection which I am used to but does have a spring clip sub output (black and red wire).

My sub is a self powered version but only has low level rca connection as well as 6 speaker wire high level connection.

Any ideas how I can set this up, I imagine that I would want to use the sub outputs of the amp Andy not just tap into the front speakers?

fayeanddavid

Distinguished Member
Hi

Recently my amplifier decided not to work anymore so was donated another amp by a family member.

I have noticed that the amp does not have the low level sub connection which I am used to but does have a spring clip sub output (black and red wire).

My sub is a self powered version but only has low level rca connection as well as 6 speaker wire high level connection.

Any ideas how I can set this up, I imagine that I would want to use the sub outputs of the amp Andy not just tap into the front speakers?
might help with what amp and what sub you are using

Sounds like your black and red sub output is a wired version of a phono plug (two wires in the plug) if that is the case you could strip back from the phon plug and just use the two wires, need a bit more info first though

shotokan101

Banned
Sounds more like it's to drive a passive sub to me so powered sub would need an appropriate high level input option.... as noted above the amp and sub model will help get it answered properly :)

JIm

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom