1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which connection is Best????

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by S.S.Dhuper, Jul 9, 2002.

1. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There I've got a 21inch Aiwa VX-FT21 Flat screen Televideo for my bedroom it's got only 1 scart connection at the back and at the front it's got video in and Audio left and right but it's those plug in sockets, and I've got Sky Digital and a Panasonic HT-80 and the panny hasn't got any scart at the back just a video out connection or a S Video out with the panny I got this video out cable which plugs into this scart and then to the tv, what's happening now is this when ever I want to watch a DVD I have to take the sky scart out and put the panny one in and vice versa it's abit of a pain doing this, I've seen in Argos this 3 way scart connection where I can have 3 scart equipment's connected to 1 scart for £9.75 but the thing is you have to manually switch what you want to use, is that a good idea or should I use the video out from the panny to the video in, in front of the tv???? which will give me the best picture???? grateful for any advice.

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    If you dont have a vcr connected to these, then use the 'vcr scart' socket on the back of your sky box. You need a 'scart plug - 3x phono plugs' cable.

Connect the two audio plugs (usually white and red) to the audio out on the panasonic. The remaining (yellow) phono plug to video out on the panasonic.

This might or might not work. Because there isn't pin switching on the scart plug now connected to 'vcr scart' on the skybox, you might have to put the skybox into standyby mode in order to watch the dvd.

Lastly, connect a '2x phono - 2x phono' audio cable from the audio out on skybox to any suitable audio input on the panasonic.

You will get sound from sky through the panasonic, and should (hopefully) get pic/sound from the panasonic on the tv via the skybox

3. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that,. I'll give it a go and let you know how it goes

4. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Simon I did as you suggested and it works, but rather then using that cable you mentioned scart and phono cable, I've used the one that came with Panny and you were right about putting the syk digi on standby when watching DVD's but that's no problem I can live with that, thanks again.

5. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    No problem mate, glad I could help.