1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which company to transfer DV footage to DVD?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by AOD, Nov 28, 2004.

1. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi folks,

I have some DV tapes which I would like the contents of transferred to DVD.

Although I have a PC (laptop), I don't have firewire or DVD burning facilities so for the time being I just want a company who can do it for me.

The DV footage is PAL, but I'd like the final DVD to be NTSC.

Does anybody have any experience with UK based companies that they would recommend?? Quick turnaround and reasonable prices would be nice too.

2. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Getting the final disc in NTSC from PAL is the expensive bit.

I could do it for you, I use a Standards Conversion plugin in my edit suite , great quality but it's slow to render.

Just making a PAL DVD is really quick. And you'll find most video companies make DVD transfers. I would say first, find somewhere to do the Standards Conversion, then see what they charge for the DVD, shop round for the best price.

3. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the offer, do you have any idea how long it would take to convert 1hrs worth of footage from PAL to NTSC?

When the video is converted, does the audio need to be changed in any way?

My only concern is that the disk, however it is produced, has to playback on a Pioneer 366 DVD player. I want to convert the

Would it be possible to get hold of a homebrew disk that's already been produced to test on the machine?

4. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi again,

Firstly the audio is not adjusted at all, the pictures are adjusted (with frame and field reinterpolation) and sized down to fit 525 lines.

I'll have to do a test early next week. I'm busy 'til then making 37 short films on childbirth, urghh, another afterbirth shot. I've only ever done PAL - NTSC, is just a selector option to do NTSC - PAL. Then authoring the disc. It would be an overnight render for each video I expect, still always enough room on the RAID array.

Is the Pioneer 366 only NTSC then?

Duncan.