1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which cheap plasma?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by WSB, Sep 2, 2005.

1. WSB

WSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    just wondering if anyone can help...after debating a 32" lcd versus a 42" plasma- my brother has decided to go for a 42" plasma. (I went for the lcd that was hd ready myself but that was a few months ago).

Anyway- Richer sounds have the PW6 and PW7 for 1000- my bro is thinking of going for the pw7. I actually took time out and demo'd this screen when i was looking a few months back and was impressed with it...although....funnily enough....there was a 32" lcd and a 42" plasma sitting side by side playing shrek via a top whack dvd player and my 3 year old niece was transfixed on the lcd. But anyway- I digress- my bro has opted for the plasma option- hes got a full home cinema so speakers arent needed but I'm just wondering if there is anything else that he should look at? I havent kept up to date with this forum but what price range are the hd ready plasmas coming in at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. JonLeach

JonLeach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi Wsb,

i was in the same boat till a few minutes ago in which plasma to buy, had a look at richer the deal is as follows, PWD7 with 3 yar warranty £1100 plus wall £150 total £1250

PWD8 from spectrum tv inc wall, component board, 3 year warranty £1289 plus £70 delivery if not collecting

just placed my order today.

Spectrum are here
    http://www.spectrum-skytv.co.uk/index.php?product_id=299298&option=Prod_detail

Jon

3. BootBlock

BootBlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone yet worked out what the E in TH42PWD8E means? Possible grey import..?

Edit: Actually, you can get one without that ambiguous E for a few quid more (£1319 at the time of writing) at 121-Electricals. Never ordered from there before, mind..

4. JonLeach

JonLeach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    they said its a uk model got them to send me an email with details of warranty etc etc...

will arrive tuesday cant wait

Jon

5. bigtired

bigtired
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2