Which champion? Panny AS650B or DT65B

carlitos99

I've read through the threads on the new AS650B but there is still not too much info or reviews on it. I'm looking at a 60" screen and can get the old, and well received, DT65B for around the same price (slightly more expensive)....

So, not sure which to go for...any thoughts?

I'll be using it for sport and movies mostly.

tommaazz

Hi. It is really hard to say which one as the as650 series has just been released in fact the 60 inch version is still hard to get...i have decided to get the 60ASW654 (same as AS650) but the dealer today told me that he might get it the next week so we will see. I am coming from samsung plasma 51 inch d6510 which is fantastic tv...nice blacks, no banding, no clounding everything is perfect...so i am a little scared now but sadly plasma is out :( . I wanted a passive 3d and 60 inch tv and i now that the blacks will be lighter than on my plasma but i think it wont be a problem as i rearely watch tv in completely dark room but i am scared of other led tv anomalies (DSE, banding,...). I say pull a trigger and get 60as650 ;) (newer, nicer, cant be much worst,...)

If you wanted a 55" the new toshiba looks great ,I,m off to look at one tomorrow . It has full array local dimming ,as close as you,ll get to the blacks on plasma .

carlitos99

Got a chance to see both in person. I think I'm going to opt for the as650b. Both give a really good picture but think the as650b looks a bit slicker.

I saw the 58" Toshiba 4k not seen the other one. I though LG's 55" LA970W looked really good on display and I could have got for a really good price but apparently very bad for football and fast moving sport otherwise it would have been a tough choice.

I,m tv shopping today ,been reading lots of reviews ,when I can find them that is and the as650b is definitely the way to go for smart tv users ,yes the firmware upgrades are slow coming out but they,ll get there soon enough, the picture quality is comparing very favourably but this new toshiba with full array dimming is really catching the eye on the foreign reviews I,ve seen .

tommaazz

It was the 55" version, got told that John Lewis will be getting in the 60" online this week. Still quite hard to find at the moment.

That is a good sign...so i hope i can get mine the next week as promised by delaer...but in the meantime i will be seeking for some reviews to see if i made a mistake by joining the wagon too soon :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom