Which Ceiling Speakers?

chrisloudon

Hi guys,

I am currently renovating my house and need to fit some ceiling speakers in a kitchen and open plan living / dining area.

I already have 2 spare Monitor Audio C260s in the attic but will require 5 more speakers to finish the job. I am just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on these additions as the c260 has now been replaced with the C265 which I am happy to get but I also have 4 x B&W CCM 665s in an Atmos setup in another room which I am also happy with so in a bit of a quandary.

I don't necessarily need the speakers to all match as I plan on splitting the 7 speakers into a zone of 2 and another of 5 so happy to use the 260s in zone 1 then a set of something different in zone 2 but they will all be driven from the same 7ch HC amp.

Speakers will be used for music only (no home cinema use) and will be supplemented by a SVS PC or SB 2000 Pro sub (haven't decided on that yet)

Thanks in advance

Cheers

AmericanAudio

AVForums Sponsor
Both ranges are good, we used Monitor Audio for a lot of our installs, but they have recently got a little pricey to have switched to OSD and their Black ranges.

For Kitchen Ceiling uses, all the hard surfaces with disrupt any quality sound they produce, so no need to over spend.

chrisloudon

For Kitchen Ceiling uses, all the hard surfaces with disrupt any quality sound they produce, so no need to over spend.

Thanks for the tip, hadn't considered that.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom