1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which ceiling mount

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Sandman, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    Hi I have just bought my panny Ae100 and a 2m pulldown screen and am now thinking how much better it would be to have the projector hanging from the ceiling rather than having to place the projector in the correct position everytime I want to use it.
    I have found this company selling mounts for this model and was wondering which mount to go for as they have a few to choose from.
    http://www.lmp-pc.co.uk
    Does anybody have any experience using these mounts and if so, which model and would you recomend them.

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    The lmp mount is, imo, the best looking, most well made but surprisingly the lowest cost also. You will not regret one of these.

I have the Unicol mount and whilst very well made is no picasso and extortionately expensive. Get it from Andy at lmp and you will have a big smile on your face. If you contact him I am sure he will recommend the most suitable.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Unicol have a bit of a monoply on mounts and so they do charge a lot of money for a bit of preesed steel!!!!
    Get opne from LMP their PC cases are incredible!

4. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Ive had two LMP mounts and they are wicked. Look good and amazing quality.

As for which one email Andy Patton at LMP and ask him to give you a call. He can then give you his advice. Also he wont rip you off.

5. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi Guys
    I was asking this question of myself last night and found these guys in Leighton Buzzard (Beds) as well. I emailed Andy and he mailed me back early this am.

I am hoping to take a trip over there as he is only 12 miles away, I have searched high and low for a decent mount for my PTAE100 and I feel I may have found it. Nice to hear you guys have had good experiences with Andy, fills me with confidence.

I am now after a new screen (current is a 6x6ft) and am looking for a decent manual draper 92" wide 16x9. These seem to be very well priced at around £240 incl, anyone had any experience of these screens? Is it worth getting a screen with higher gain for a PTAE100?

When I have been down to see Andy, I would be happy to post my experience if your interested?

Cheers
    Tony

6. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    Thanks everybody, I am away to email andy now!:D
    I have also been reading threads on the ProV so it looks like I will need to buy one of these too (so I have only one lead going into the projector, it will make the instalation easier).
    Is there no bottom to this pit I keep throwing money into? :suicide:

7. jaybeegee

jaybeegee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony do a nice floor stand mount for the hs2 ; does anyone know if the hs10 will fit one one of these , or if sony do one for the hs10 ( not shown on their website )

jay