1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which CD Player for my Arcan A65plus Amplifier?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Sunday Ironfoot, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was comparing two CD players, a Marantz CD6000 KI and an Arcam CD62, and had my heart set on the Marantz one, but the dealer at my local HIFI shop recomended that I should go with the Arcam.

Now clearly the Marantz one is superior, but my amplifier is an Arcam A65 Plus (with Mission M71i speakers), and the dealers justication for recommending the Arcam was that it would go better with my Arcam amplifier. Apparantly Arcam equipment sounds very different from Marantz stuff, and the two wouldn't go very well together tonally he said.

Do you think this would neccessarily be the case, would an Arcam CD62 CD player go better with my Arcam amp, or would I be better off just getting the superior Marantz CD player, even if it sounds very different from Arcam equipment.

I have a broad range of tastes from classical to heavy metal, but I would like to be able to pick out instruments in a classical piece, so detail is important.

Thanks!

Ps. sorry if this is kinda CD player related, no one posts in that section.

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27

If you like the Marantz you must buy it, regardless of what make of amplifier, if the combo sounds good to you, buy it.

I like Arcam CD players, but it's what you like that matters.

3. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thing is I don't know what I want. I was citing the Marantz as being superior because of all the rave reviews it was getting. My question is will the Marantz sound bad with my Arcam A65plus amplifier?

4. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    The only way to answer that is to listen to it.

Don't ever buy hifi just one Reviews and/or dealer advice.

It doesn't matter what sounds good to me, to the guys at HiFi World magazine, to the salesman in the shop ... the only thing that is important is what sounds good to YOU!

Go into a shop, if necessary take your amp and speakers along and listen.

Victoria