1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which camera?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by dunkymunky, Aug 24, 2005.

1. dunkymunky

dunkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this might be a bit of a difficult question, but Im trying to find a camera. Im looking at about £100-£140, 4mp or above, can't afford memory sticks, so it cant use them, Its got to be able to take video, fairly well please. About a 4x optical zoom, not worried about digital. So far Iv been looknig at the Acer CR8530 (£140 from ebuyer.com) and the Kodak Z700 or DX6490. Any help much appreciated. Not looking at anythign fancy like interchangeable lenses, not manual options really (not really a photographer, just want to take photos of my life at uni)Thanks to anyone who replies :lease:

2. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
  3. longleyc

longleyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fuji Finepix E550 £159 Amazon. Free shipping.
    Think Argos or Dixons were doing it instore for £149/159 too.

Excellent resolution in 12MP mode, very good in 6MP mode
    Vivid, vibrant colors Low noise ISO 800 setting (only 3MP, but low noise) Clean, sharp results Excellent photographic controls
    Useful 32.5 - 130mm zoom range wider than normal
    Fast start-up, very low shutter lag Program shift function
    Good flash performance Excellent movie mode VGA 640x480
    Fast file writing (>2MB/s)

An excellent camera for this price. Quality of camera of much higher prices. Fits into the pocket easily too.

I tested one for somebody. Its was excellent. Dont expect tv res movies though, its a camera, but its vga quality and cams double the money only offer that mode. Probably okay for burning to SVCD but compression is high if movement is what youre after.

I`d buy one.

4. mr jones

mr jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22

i agree with MJW, i recommended this cam to someone, they bought it and they think its fab, just what they wanted, they were going to buy some tat otherwise and i think i saved someone from suicide by recommending a camera thats actuially suitable for taking fantastic pictures :D