Which camera for studio photographing?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by kaare_nilsen, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kaare_nilsen

kaare_nilsen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a media teacher, and in August this year my school will start a new study offer which includes studio photographing. I have read a LOT about cameras, have been an SLR photographer, amateur and newspaper, since the 70's. Still I don't know much about studio photographing and what gear to buy for my school. So advice is appreciated here.
    My dream camera would be the Canon 5D and some proper lenses and Canon 580 flash, but there's also a lot of other things to consider, like studio flash lamps and stands, umbrellas and all the various packages they sell out there.
    I've also looked at the Nikon 200 and the Canon 20D for this job. Or would the Fuji S3 Pro do the job? I've read some good reviews about the latter.
    What I do need is some remote control on the SLR to fire the studio lamps, or some sort of slave system.

Any advice out there among you good people?:lease:
    Kaare Nilsen
    Norway

2. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    Have a good read here :clap:

You should get a better idea of what you will need from his experiences :)

3. barongreenback

barongreenback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Would help to know your budget and whether digital is paramount or not. I have to say, I'd be tempted to include a medium format film camera in your budget rather than going overboard on digital.