Which Camcorder

CHINDLEY

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm torn between these 2 Camcorders the
- JVC GZ_HD3EK for £311 from Currys with 25 % off because its the last one
or the Panasonic HDC-SD9EB, from COSTCO for £259 with a voucher,
These prices are without VAT as I will be claioming it back through the business.
I would appreciate any thoughts on these 2 camcorders.
I have a 50" 720p TV for viewing if that makes any difference.

OOOooohhh I just noticed there is £50 cashback from JVC as well. That might help in my decision making :clap:

Thanks for that, just to throw a spanner in the works I also fancy the Samsung vp-HMX10 probably the JVC and PANNy are in a different league to this but I like the touch screen. I currently have or am selling on ebay a JVC GR-DV1800 mini DV. it s a great cam but just a bit heavy for the family holidays and at the end of the day thats about all I use it for.:suicide:

Well I really need a camcorder and was thinking of purchsaing the SD9 but the low light issue is putting me off!!

Has anyone got a low light full HD clip recorded at the highest bit rate from the SD9?

Many thanks for your help!!

I bought the hdc-sd9 a couple of months ago and would not of bothered,
If u havent got a 500watt halogen light behind you all the time you get better video from a mobile phone.

Ill post a still image from video later

eddie

If u havent got a 500watt halogen light behind you all the time you get better video from a mobile phone.
A ridiculous assertion, which implies that the low light sensitivity of a mobile phone, with a lens that measures less than half an inch across and a miniscule sensor, is superior to even the 1/6" chips in an SD9. I have an SD9 and a mobile phone, and there is no comparison. While it may not be all that you hoped it would be, try to avoid making completely invalid assertions.

Unless you'd like to post links to a clip from each for comparison . . .

I got the HD3 in comet (last one too) its a good cam and im more than happy with it

great big harddrive too which is handy and looks great:)

only thing is I thought the cashback has ended now:thumbsdow still waiting for mine

I got the HD3 in comet (last one too) its a good cam and im more than happy with it

great big harddrive too which is handy and looks great:)

only thing is I thought the cashback has ended now:thumbsdow still waiting for mine

The offer doesnt finish untill the 12th od Feb, you can register online at jvc.com then send in your receipt for £50cashback.

I plumped for the Panasonic SD9 from Costco, £256 plus vat but I can claim the vat back. I am quite impressed from the low light video, it's not perfect but what camera is. Off to florida next week so I will get some footage posted.:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom