1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by shugger1, May 30, 2003.

1. shugger1

shugger1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys!

I need to buy a dv camcorder that is good indoor with low light with a good optical zoom? Im thinking of spending around £1500 / $2000. Are the 3 chip cams best , because I've heared some of the 1/2 chip cams are better with low light.

Shugger

2. TommyVecetti

TommyVecetti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I don't see how a half chip camera can be better in low light than a 3 chip model.

One problem inherant with all video cameras, dv or analogue is they don't perform brilliantly in low light. Some better than others.

Have a look at some Sony models. If you can afford it, definitely get a 3 chip model, the sony 3 chipper is excellent.

3. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +303
    You could save some money and get the Panasonic 3CCD NVGS70 - I picked one up yesterday for £760 and have already got some excellent results playing around with it.

It's a new models so I dont think it's been reviewed anywhere but it definately gives you a lot of bang for your buck. It's pretty small as well for a 3CCD (probably the smallest out there)

4. Party Animal

Party Animal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    What batterys does the new Panny use

5. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +303
    Lithium Ion. Lasts for about 1 hour 30 minutes with the screen being used (panny claims 2 hours 20 minutes)