• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

which camcorder

johnkay

Standard Member
I need to buy a camcorder for my daughter & her husband as an aniversery gift, speaking to my daughter she would prefer HDD model because she thinks it might be more convient but reading the forum it seems that a good hdd is the sony sr190 approx £500, I had thought that £150- £200 would have bought a good camcorder especially when there seems to be price reductions such as JVC 340 @£139.
So I need help should I buy something at the cheap end or shall I go for the SR190.

johnkay:rolleyes:

senu

Distinguished Member
For HDD camcorders , I would go with the £4-500 models TBH
The Sony SR 190 seems like a good idea
What you lose by buying the £150-200 models are

Are
Good quality footage
Colours , contrast, Low light ability, Ability to get footage of movt reasonably smooth on playback
And reasonable HDD space

If you cant stretch to that, The mid price tape based MiniDV models offer much more quality for the money but the stigma of tape ( old technology and not convenient )persist but there are just that.. a stigma. It is still a digital recording medium
Look Here for the less costly HDD Sony

johnkay

Standard Member
Thanks Senu, I think I will recommend the tape minidv camcorder if I explain to my daughter the value for money aspect.:clap:

johnkay

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom