Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Which camcorder to buy Sony 42E or Panasonic NV GS 35???

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by smartygoogle, Jul 30, 2005.

1. smartygoogle

smartygoogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am planning to buy a camcorder and have selected Sony HC 42 and Panasonic PV GS 35. Please help me in selecting one out of those two.

1. Which one is better Sony or Panasonic ?
    2. Of the two models mentioned, performance wise which one is better?
    3. I am looking for a good camcorder under $500.

Thanks

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi

I had the same dilema and decided to go for the 42E as it has true widescreen recording and utilises a larger CCD for the widescreen recording.

When I demo'd the the two camcorders there was a small but noticable improvement in PQ on my 42 inch plasma as the picture didn't have to expanded for the widescreen display.

If you don't have a widescreen TV or display then I think the choice will be more difficult as both camcorders are both very good in terms of PQ.

On other plus point of the 42E was no mechanical noise was picked up during recording and when zooming. I find this very annoying, especially as I record quite a lot of weddings and there is nothing worse than a low hum in the background.

One drawback of the 42E is the camcorder has to be unmounted from a tripod to change the tapes.

I also managed to pick up an original 6 hour stamina battery for the 42E from Ebay for £15.00 (bargain). The camcorder also has a great range of accesories such as lights, filters, mics, etc.