1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which camcorder for my first ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by New_Cam_user, Mar 12, 2003.

1. New_Cam_user

New_Cam_user

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am about to purchase my very first camcorder in the next couple of days. I was (and still am) very much set on the Sony DCR-IP220, it's looks,weight, specs and reviews I have read so far alll seem promising, although a few people have said it's awfull in low light. Before I part with the the best part of £1300 can anyone let me know if they think I'm making a good or bad choice. I had thought about the TRV-50, but it seems rather bulky, and I like the MV format - I am also set on all things SONY.

I'm not going to use it for anything flashy, just the normal family & holiday thing for the time being, but who knows in the future.

Thanks!:confused:

2. Duster

Duster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Most DV Camcorders are poor in low light......:(

3. OGIII

OGIII

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be very careful of going for the MMV - I sold my IP5 because the quality is really poor in anything but ideal conditions. It's also a nightmare to deal with if you want to download to PC.

I've just bought a Pan GS1 for £385 - lot of camera for the money. Quality is better than the Sony in low light and I didn't want all the bells and whistles hence the GS1 rather than higher model in range so overall I saved a few quid albeit IP5 was an expensive 'mistake'. Size wise it's a gem, not much bigger than the IP5 and it's got a 1/4 CCD.

Cheers
    OG